Beware of Unlawful Practices
BASKETBALL ALL-STAR
RUSSELL WESTBROOK'S
CHRYSLER-DODGE-JEEP-RAM OF VAN NUYS
BEWARE OF
FALSE & MISLEADING ADVERTISEMENTS
UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES
UNFAIR SALES & FINANCING PRACTICES
BAIT AND SWITCH
DECEPTIVE INFLATION OF VEHICLE PRICES
YO-YO FINANCING
IDENTITY THEFT
PADDING CONTRACTS
FRAUD
READ ALL THE HORRIBLE REVIEWS BELOW
**********************************
IF YOU'RE A VICTIM AND WOULD LIKE TO
PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT CONTACT:
UNLAWFULDEALERSHIP@GMAIL.COM
**********************************
Micki D.
West Hills, CA
Do not attempt to buy here. My experience was horrible. As a repeat customer ( we got 2 before) I'll never even consider buying here again. We agreed on price was confirmed by text and when returned to buy it they added 2K for anti theft that is included to begin with.
Joe L.
Valley Village, CA
They are going to try to sell you their service plan. At first it seems like a good deal, but here's what they don't tell you.
1) the most frustrating point. It's probably not even needed. if you buy a new Jeep, Jeep actually send you coupons for FREE service. Of course Russell Westbrook does not tell you this, because they want you to buy their plan and spender money.
2) if you try to get service done, you will sometimes wait 3+ hours. This is not an exaggeration. If I would of known this I would not have bought their service plan in the first place. I would rather pay for an oil change than wait 3+ hours. Keep in mind , this is 3 hours after you already waited 20 minutes in line just to even speak with someone. Very ridiculous.
3) want a car wash with your service that they say they provide? Be prepared to add another hour to your wait.
4) their car wash sucks. I'm not sure why they even bother washing cars in the first place. They do a very poor job.
Do yourself a favor and skip the service plan.
Celeste C.
Orange County, CA
Two wishes!!!
I really wish I would have read the reviews before I came here.
I really wish I could rate this location 0 stars.
5:00pm: Originally, we came into this location to have service done on our breaks but instead we wanted to inquire trading in our vehicle. We were helped by a nice women who was really attentive and she processed the paperwork for our possible trade in. We waited about 30-45 min and she came back with the final numbers about payments, interest rate, trade in value, etc. The payments were higher than what we expected but we still wanted to see the vehicle AT LEAST to sway our decision one way or the other. The women said the vehicle that we wanted was at the other lot so we would have to drive there with a salesman and drive the vehicle back. We agreed.
6:00pm: We got in a car and drove to the other lot, which was about 10 min away, to see the car. When we arrived the women went to get the key for the car but the key was for the wrong car. It was really confusing but basically THERE WAS NO CAR, just a key. We had to drive all the way back to the lot. So basically we drove to this other lot for no reason.
6:40pm: At this point we get back to the original lot and the women is now looking for this car. She also asked other workers to help her in locating the vehicle. We waited about 1 hour while they all tried to locate the vehicle. The women was very nice, we have no complaints about her because she was super helpful and we could tell she was trying! All the men were just going back and forth they told us they were checking the roof and the other lot. Another guy who worked there finally came up to us and said, "they're bringing the car now." And we said, "oh they found it?" And the guy said, "Well I don't know that's what he said." I'm like what?!
7:40pm: I guess the General Manager gets involved and he also tried to locate the car and was asking everyone where the car was. Basically. everyone looked like they had no idea what they were doing. We had a dinner reservation at 9:00pm and at this point we were pretty sure we were not going to make it.
8:15pm: They never located the car we wanted but they let us test drive another vehicle and that was our only option. After the 5 min test drive we come back inside and wait again. A salesman comes up to us to run the final numbers with us AGAIN, with this new vehicle we just test drove and he said, "Okay I have good news for you, your payments will be $899 a month and you would have to put $5k down." So basically after 72 months we would pay $64k for a car worth $36k. Everything just did not make sense and the deal was garbage. We had to leave because we still had hope in making our dining reservation. We just told all the workers and managers we need to get our car serviced and the breaks had to be fixed. The manager said that's fine we can leave our vehicle at the dealership while they did service and they let us use a car for the day.
8:40pm: We finally left the dealer and we both were like WHAT IN THE HECK JUST HAPPENED! Everything spiraled out of control and it was one mess up after the next. We spent almost 4 hour wasting our time at this dealership that we can't get back! We also missed our dining reservation.
This dealership has too many workers that have no idea what they're doing. Customer service is horrible and customers have to wait for hours for no reason what so ever. I honestly feel like it starts from the top & management should be held accountable for such an inadequate dealership. Russell Westbrook should be very disappointed and ashamed in all of the management team at this dealership.
ALSO, I DO NOT WANT A RESPONSE FROM MANAGEMENT TEAM APOLOGIZING OR FOR ME TO CONTACT ANYONE. THE DAMAGE IS DONE AND I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS DEALERSHIP EVER AGAIN!
I really wish I would have read the reviews before I came here.
I really wish I could rate this location 0 stars.
5:00pm: Originally, we came into this location to have service done on our breaks but instead we wanted to inquire trading in our vehicle. We were helped by a nice women who was really attentive and she processed the paperwork for our possible trade in. We waited about 30-45 min and she came back with the final numbers about payments, interest rate, trade in value, etc. The payments were higher than what we expected but we still wanted to see the vehicle AT LEAST to sway our decision one way or the other. The women said the vehicle that we wanted was at the other lot so we would have to drive there with a salesman and drive the vehicle back. We agreed.
6:00pm: We got in a car and drove to the other lot, which was about 10 min away, to see the car. When we arrived the women went to get the key for the car but the key was for the wrong car. It was really confusing but basically THERE WAS NO CAR, just a key. We had to drive all the way back to the lot. So basically we drove to this other lot for no reason.
6:40pm: At this point we get back to the original lot and the women is now looking for this car. She also asked other workers to help her in locating the vehicle. We waited about 1 hour while they all tried to locate the vehicle. The women was very nice, we have no complaints about her because she was super helpful and we could tell she was trying! All the men were just going back and forth they told us they were checking the roof and the other lot. Another guy who worked there finally came up to us and said, "they're bringing the car now." And we said, "oh they found it?" And the guy said, "Well I don't know that's what he said." I'm like what?!
7:40pm: I guess the General Manager gets involved and he also tried to locate the car and was asking everyone where the car was. Basically. everyone looked like they had no idea what they were doing. We had a dinner reservation at 9:00pm and at this point we were pretty sure we were not going to make it.
8:15pm: They never located the car we wanted but they let us test drive another vehicle and that was our only option. After the 5 min test drive we come back inside and wait again. A salesman comes up to us to run the final numbers with us AGAIN, with this new vehicle we just test drove and he said, "Okay I have good news for you, your payments will be $899 a month and you would have to put $5k down." So basically after 72 months we would pay $64k for a car worth $36k. Everything just did not make sense and the deal was garbage. We had to leave because we still had hope in making our dining reservation. We just told all the workers and managers we need to get our car serviced and the breaks had to be fixed. The manager said that's fine we can leave our vehicle at the dealership while they did service and they let us use a car for the day.
8:40pm: We finally left the dealer and we both were like WHAT IN THE HECK JUST HAPPENED! Everything spiraled out of control and it was one mess up after the next. We spent almost 4 hour wasting our time at this dealership that we can't get back! We also missed our dining reservation.
This dealership has too many workers that have no idea what they're doing. Customer service is horrible and customers have to wait for hours for no reason what so ever. I honestly feel like it starts from the top & management should be held accountable for such an inadequate dealership. Russell Westbrook should be very disappointed and ashamed in all of the management team at this dealership.
ALSO, I DO NOT WANT A RESPONSE FROM MANAGEMENT TEAM APOLOGIZING OR FOR ME TO CONTACT ANYONE. THE DAMAGE IS DONE AND I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS DEALERSHIP EVER AGAIN!
Josh F.
Los Angeles, CA
So I got a response saying that they don't intend to mislead you, and that they are sorry they wasted our time. What about the fact that they run your credit, and THEN tell you about the additional options that are not optional. If you aren't trying to mislead customers and you do in fact put this "device" on all your cars, you should include that in the upfront cost. Also, Vikas mentioned that I should contact them to see if they could be of assistance; yet, when I did email him, he and his fellow managers simply stopped responding.
7/12/2019
Philip P.
Chatsworth, CA
Remember the bad old days when you went to buy a car and after agreeing on a price the dealer started packing things on like "undercoating" and "interior protection"? Well, if you want to revisit those days, get yourself on down to Westbrook Chrysler Dodge Jeep and get a taste of what it was like when dealers were liars and customers were suckers.
My wife and I dropped by here to see a Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude they had for sale. Very nice vehicle, though it looked like it had been on the lot for a while, and their advertised price was almost reasonable as well, though higher than their competitors'.
We spoke with a polite sales person who told us that they wouldn't move a cent off the advertised price. The price was the price, he said, "but of course it doesn't include taxes, fees, AND THE COMPULSORY ANTI-THEFT EQUIPMENT". How much was the COMPULSORY ANTI-THEFT EQUIPMENT? About $1500, we were informed.
At that point it was close to closing time so we told the sales guy to let us know in the morning if it was possible to not take the anti-theft thing. Turned out he wasn't kidding, it was compulsory. Needless to say we bought a similar vehicle at a different dealership the very next day, without any shenanigans.
This dealership is located in a low-income area of Los Angeles and many of their customers speak poor English. In my opinion, the dealership employs sleazy, underhanded tactics such as compulsory add-ones because they can usually get away with it. My advice: steer clear of this disreputable operator.
My wife and I dropped by here to see a Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude they had for sale. Very nice vehicle, though it looked like it had been on the lot for a while, and their advertised price was almost reasonable as well, though higher than their competitors'.
We spoke with a polite sales person who told us that they wouldn't move a cent off the advertised price. The price was the price, he said, "but of course it doesn't include taxes, fees, AND THE COMPULSORY ANTI-THEFT EQUIPMENT". How much was the COMPULSORY ANTI-THEFT EQUIPMENT? About $1500, we were informed.
At that point it was close to closing time so we told the sales guy to let us know in the morning if it was possible to not take the anti-theft thing. Turned out he wasn't kidding, it was compulsory. Needless to say we bought a similar vehicle at a different dealership the very next day, without any shenanigans.
This dealership is located in a low-income area of Los Angeles and many of their customers speak poor English. In my opinion, the dealership employs sleazy, underhanded tactics such as compulsory add-ones because they can usually get away with it. My advice: steer clear of this disreputable operator.
Bianca M.
Los Angeles, CA
I purchased a car through this dealership four years ago and have had nothing but a rollercoaster of bad experiences with them and today was the last straw. Over the years this dealership has lacked poor service and an even worse attitude towards their customers. After booking a recall appointment over a week ago, i arrived today to find out that it was never scheduled and the parts are on back order with no estimated date of when they will be in stock. I found it to be extremely frustrating that they lacked a sense of care for my time as i took the day off from work to make it to my scheduled appointment.
I would advise purchasing and maintaining your car from a different Jeep dealership!
I would advise purchasing and maintaining your car from a different Jeep dealership!
Sergio D.
Winnetka, Los Angeles, CA
Buyer Beware! The guy that does the contract ( Nabil) is shady, first they gave us an APR but when we sat down to sign he said If I got a warranty for the car he can bring it down just so he can sell his warranty. Dealer was never upfront on pricing. Also he said a theft device on the car was needed when it was not, " he said it was like the tires that he car needed it. I emailed him about this and he never replied. Buyers please don't fall for this trick this dealer does they hide their numbers so they can sell more at the back end. Huge mistake waiting for them to deliver on the car I wanted. Will never recommend!!!!
Keyhan K.
Los Angeles, CA
So, I drove all the way from Santa Monica to this dealership because they had the car I wanted.
On the Cars.com they are advertising the car at MSRP of $41,675 and selling price of $34,508.
I wanted to lease the 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T and I already was aware of the lease program such as Residual Value and the Money Factor. After driving the car, I was ready to get it.
They brought their "First Pencil" selling the car for $47K on a lease and trying to make me pay for all of the sales tax upfront!
Are we in New Jersey??? Last time I check we don't pay the full sales tax in California and it's monthly based.
Long story short, they didn't want to sell the car anything less than 41K. I guess they sold too many cars that day.
I feel like this is false advertising. I just don't wanna try to give them hard time because I can easily contact my family lawyer and sue this place and reach out to the GM, GSM and make a big scene about it and give them a lot of hard time.
I was there to lease the car and I didn't drive so I was ready to drive back with the car.
On the Cars.com they are advertising the car at MSRP of $41,675 and selling price of $34,508.
I wanted to lease the 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T and I already was aware of the lease program such as Residual Value and the Money Factor. After driving the car, I was ready to get it.
They brought their "First Pencil" selling the car for $47K on a lease and trying to make me pay for all of the sales tax upfront!
Are we in New Jersey??? Last time I check we don't pay the full sales tax in California and it's monthly based.
Long story short, they didn't want to sell the car anything less than 41K. I guess they sold too many cars that day.
I feel like this is false advertising. I just don't wanna try to give them hard time because I can easily contact my family lawyer and sue this place and reach out to the GM, GSM and make a big scene about it and give them a lot of hard time.
I was there to lease the car and I didn't drive so I was ready to drive back with the car.
Dan5ta K.
Vineyard, Glendale, CA
This place is a scam. They say one thing and then dont honor what they say. Never purchase a vehicle from this dealership. I spent 4 hours of my precious time here and at the end I had the sales manager laugh in my face. He said and I quote " I dont have to listen to you and honor what I said". This place should not be in business. They literally laugh in the customer face then, claim that they have great customer service. If I could I would give this place a negative star. NEVER COME HERE.
Calvin Gulam is the sales manager that was extremely unprofessional. I will definitely be reporting this dealership to the BBB.
Calvin Gulam is the sales manager that was extremely unprofessional. I will definitely be reporting this dealership to the BBB.
Don T.
Palmdale, CA
I wish we would have read the reviews for this dealership before going there. Our experience started with a internet search for Jeep Cherokee. We identified several cars and decided to call this dealership and negotiate for the car. I make it a practice to settle on prices before going to purchase in the dealership. We settled on the jeep 2016 Cherokee for 16,999.
Now this is where my son and I experience turned south. I wanted my son to have his first experience purchasing his first car at 18 years old. We entered the dealership and the car was not ready for purchase. They were still preparing the car for purchase. I'm not sure if the service department even changed the oil from the previous owner. The car was still dirty when they finally brought the car out. We pointed out the stained seats and other stuff.
I wanted my son to finance the car and I would co-sign as the guarantee. The finance guy advised me that there is not a such thing as co-signer. The only way this deal can be done is if I am the co-buyer. They explained that we must both be signers on the loan. I still think that they were not totally correct because I have several personal cars where I'm the co-signer and not co-buyer. any way. I decided to put the car in my sons name and place a large deposit over 7k down, in order that the rate would not be over 22 plus percent. After the deposit the rate came down to the teens. I wanted to establish my son some credit.
I thought the deal was done until we walked in the finance office. The salesman wrote the deal that included license fees, and 399.00 for gps. After i went to check the tags on the car i noticed that they were good for 9 more months. And the gps I eventually paid 199.00. Several days later I found the original car posting and the GPS was included with navigation.
We still don't have navigation and did not receive the link for gps. I called the salesman back on July 15 (Justin) and he is looking into it. Justin is a fair salesmen but this place is being ran into the ground. Lastly, after signing all the documents at 11:45 pm in the evening the finance guy runs to the parking lot as we are about to leave and asked the salesmen Justin to get a copy of my ID. Mind you I am not the person buying the car. WTF. The excuse was given that because I put the deposit check for my son car that they needed a copy of my ID. This may not have been a big deal if I had not watched the finance guy type my routing and account number into the computer and credit my bank account.
Also, the vehicle only came with one key. Had to purchase key $300.00.
Mind you we got there around 6pm and did not leave till 11:45 that night.
This place is dishonest at best.
Now this is where my son and I experience turned south. I wanted my son to have his first experience purchasing his first car at 18 years old. We entered the dealership and the car was not ready for purchase. They were still preparing the car for purchase. I'm not sure if the service department even changed the oil from the previous owner. The car was still dirty when they finally brought the car out. We pointed out the stained seats and other stuff.
I wanted my son to finance the car and I would co-sign as the guarantee. The finance guy advised me that there is not a such thing as co-signer. The only way this deal can be done is if I am the co-buyer. They explained that we must both be signers on the loan. I still think that they were not totally correct because I have several personal cars where I'm the co-signer and not co-buyer. any way. I decided to put the car in my sons name and place a large deposit over 7k down, in order that the rate would not be over 22 plus percent. After the deposit the rate came down to the teens. I wanted to establish my son some credit.
I thought the deal was done until we walked in the finance office. The salesman wrote the deal that included license fees, and 399.00 for gps. After i went to check the tags on the car i noticed that they were good for 9 more months. And the gps I eventually paid 199.00. Several days later I found the original car posting and the GPS was included with navigation.
We still don't have navigation and did not receive the link for gps. I called the salesman back on July 15 (Justin) and he is looking into it. Justin is a fair salesmen but this place is being ran into the ground. Lastly, after signing all the documents at 11:45 pm in the evening the finance guy runs to the parking lot as we are about to leave and asked the salesmen Justin to get a copy of my ID. Mind you I am not the person buying the car. WTF. The excuse was given that because I put the deposit check for my son car that they needed a copy of my ID. This may not have been a big deal if I had not watched the finance guy type my routing and account number into the computer and credit my bank account.
Also, the vehicle only came with one key. Had to purchase key $300.00.
Mind you we got there around 6pm and did not leave till 11:45 that night.
This place is dishonest at best.
Maggie C. Van Nuys, CA
This place is the worse dealership possible. We came here to purchase a vehicle and they were trying to get us the best deal possible. We worked with the first gentleman named Josh who was extremely helpful and was ready and willing to help push for the car that I wanted to purchase for my Husband. We waited until the following day to make the purchase since it was getting late. We came back the next day to sign all the paperwork and get the deal, but Josh was unavailable. So they sent us to a salesman named John and he was difficult to work with because he kept putting us to the side and wouldn't give us his time of day until finally we had to ask one of the managers to try to set us up with someone else. They still sent us to John and he was so pushy on the deal that we didn't feel comfortable having to make it since we had all 3 of our kids with us waiting in the car with my mother in law and finally he pushed a deal at around midnight close to 1am. After all that fiasco, we receive a phone call from John weeks later letting us know that there had been a mistake on the contract and they would like us to come back again to re-do the contract because of an error they made on their end and we said no to them because they made the mistake and they need to correct it themselves since we've already spent enough time at the dealership as it is and now they want to drag us all back again including my mother in law since she was part of the deal too and what did they offer to do for us..they offered to pay for our gas..The point is that they need to understand you cannot keep mistreating your customers this way and keep making them stay late at a dealership and now keep making them come back and forth. It doesn't work that way. We have consumer rights and when you go out of your way to purchase a vehicle from a company and they make mistakes it's not suppose to be the consumer's job to make sure they come back and spend more of their time to correct the dealership's mistake. This is on them and we will take this matter to court one way or another.
Sam K. Beverly Hills, CA
The part department is very careless. Behind the counter there are 3 individuals sitting and no one is helpful. You have to ring the stupid bell and hope some will come from inside and help you.
What year we leave in???
What year we leave in???
Jess S. Central LA, Los Angeles, CA
I want to talk to Russell, personally:
Mate, I know car dealerships are cash cows, but don't your care that every review for your shop is negative? And have you ever spoken with Robert, one of your sales guys? His attitude is truly repulsive. You should listen in sometime on how he speaks to customers...totally arrogant and condescending. Obviously he's burnt out and hates his job.
I'd clean house if I were you!
Mate, I know car dealerships are cash cows, but don't your care that every review for your shop is negative? And have you ever spoken with Robert, one of your sales guys? His attitude is truly repulsive. You should listen in sometime on how he speaks to customers...totally arrogant and condescending. Obviously he's burnt out and hates his job.
I'd clean house if I were you!
Brian M. Los Angeles, CA
I'm changing my rating to 1 star. They have the worst customer service manners. I called to make an appt. to have my Jeep checked out. They would not answer their phones and when I got an operator, she hung up on me. Called again, nothing. Never going back there again!
Tarek Z. Albany, CA
Go at your own risk. They are rude, horrible customer relations, they lie to you on the phone to get you to come out to them, then change everything in person. Horrible experience. DO NOT SHOP HERE. TERRIBLE
Justin F. Los Angeles, CA
I don't say this lightly, but this is by far the worst dealership I have dealt with in my entire life.
The sales representative and manager I dealt with lacked basic knowledge of their own products (several late model Jeeps and a Durango) and instead of simply saying "I'm not sure, let me find out for you," they proceeded to use as many high-pressure sales tactics as possible until I left. Though this dealership is only minutes from where I live, I drove over 100 miles away to Carl Burger CJDR to purchase a vehicle the very next day because the sales representative there was honest, genuine, and helpful.
When my Dodge Durango (still under warranty) needed service and a diagnosis for multiple electronic faults, I thought I'd give Russell Westbrook CJDR another chance.
After leaving my car there for a week for a diagnosis, the service advisor neglected to contact me even once. I went back to the dealership only to receive news that they "couldn't figure out the problem". They only thing they could tell me was that there was an outstanding recall.
Against my better judgement, I scheduled a time and date to bring my Durango back when they assured me that the recall could be fixed and the diagnosis could be performed.
When I dropped the car off again, the lack of communication continued. After multiple attempts to reach ANYONE in the service department, I was repeatedly forwarded to service advisor Robert's voicemail. After leaving several voicemails which were never returned, other service advisors told me that "it was his file" and that he was sick or on vacation as if that was a reasonable excuse for why I hadn't been contacted.
After speaking with the manager (Roy?), suddenly Robert was much more communicative. He informed me that the only way they could properly diagnose the problems I was experiencing was for a service tech or advisor to drive my vehicle as their own personal vehicle for a day or two so that they could identify the problem in real world conditions.
Several days later, Robert informed me of several repairs that needed to be performed. He told me that they needed to order several parts and then the repairs would be completed under warranty. After another week of back-and-forth with Robert, I was told that the parts from the main warehouse had been delayed. Days later, they supposedly received the parts only to discover that they weren't the correct parts. Excuse after excuse lead to my vehicle being there for over a month.
When I finally got the call that my car was ready to pick up and that everything had been taken care of, I was in disbelief. Could it really be true? Robert explained via phone call all the work that had been done and how he personally drove my Durango home and back to work several days to ensure that everything was in order. He even promised me that it would be "detailed" so that when I came to pick it up, it would be nice and clean.
I arrived at the dealership that afternoon not surprised that Robert was nowhere to be found. After searching for the paperwork for some time, one of the other advisors had me sign the necessary documents and pay the fees while they pulled my car around.
I looked around the car to inspect the "detail" wash that Robert had promised. Instead, I found a layer of dust covering the whole exterior of the car, water stains, and black grease marks on the interior headliner and windshield pillars. To my amazement, the front bumper and grille looked out of alignment as if it had been removed and not replaced properly. I immediately went back into the service office and asked the helpful advisor I had been dealing with to inspect the car and tell me if he thought it was acceptable. He seemed to be in shock and offered to have his manager call me the next day.
In utter disbelief and frustration, I just decided to leave and never return. I started my Durango up to find that the fuel gauge was below empty. When I dropped the car off, it still had AT LEAST a quarter tank of gas. I reviewed the invoice to find that they HAD ACTUALLY CHARGED ME FOR FUEL. Less than a half mile from the dealership, my engine stalled in the middle of the road, just feet from the nearest gas station.
Unsurprisingly, I never received a call to follow up or apologize for what had taken place. In fact, one of the issues I brought it in for to begin with hadn't been addressed at all. The very next day, I received the same error message saying that the Rear Cross-Traffic Sensors were "unavailable". A fitting term seeing as that the service advisor who supposedly addressed these issues personally was almost always unavailable when I needed to reach him.
Months after this ordeal, I have taken the time to write this comprehensive review of my experience as I feel the responsibility to warn all current or future CJDR owners to AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP AT ALL COSTS.
The sales representative and manager I dealt with lacked basic knowledge of their own products (several late model Jeeps and a Durango) and instead of simply saying "I'm not sure, let me find out for you," they proceeded to use as many high-pressure sales tactics as possible until I left. Though this dealership is only minutes from where I live, I drove over 100 miles away to Carl Burger CJDR to purchase a vehicle the very next day because the sales representative there was honest, genuine, and helpful.
When my Dodge Durango (still under warranty) needed service and a diagnosis for multiple electronic faults, I thought I'd give Russell Westbrook CJDR another chance.
After leaving my car there for a week for a diagnosis, the service advisor neglected to contact me even once. I went back to the dealership only to receive news that they "couldn't figure out the problem". They only thing they could tell me was that there was an outstanding recall.
Against my better judgement, I scheduled a time and date to bring my Durango back when they assured me that the recall could be fixed and the diagnosis could be performed.
When I dropped the car off again, the lack of communication continued. After multiple attempts to reach ANYONE in the service department, I was repeatedly forwarded to service advisor Robert's voicemail. After leaving several voicemails which were never returned, other service advisors told me that "it was his file" and that he was sick or on vacation as if that was a reasonable excuse for why I hadn't been contacted.
After speaking with the manager (Roy?), suddenly Robert was much more communicative. He informed me that the only way they could properly diagnose the problems I was experiencing was for a service tech or advisor to drive my vehicle as their own personal vehicle for a day or two so that they could identify the problem in real world conditions.
Several days later, Robert informed me of several repairs that needed to be performed. He told me that they needed to order several parts and then the repairs would be completed under warranty. After another week of back-and-forth with Robert, I was told that the parts from the main warehouse had been delayed. Days later, they supposedly received the parts only to discover that they weren't the correct parts. Excuse after excuse lead to my vehicle being there for over a month.
When I finally got the call that my car was ready to pick up and that everything had been taken care of, I was in disbelief. Could it really be true? Robert explained via phone call all the work that had been done and how he personally drove my Durango home and back to work several days to ensure that everything was in order. He even promised me that it would be "detailed" so that when I came to pick it up, it would be nice and clean.
I arrived at the dealership that afternoon not surprised that Robert was nowhere to be found. After searching for the paperwork for some time, one of the other advisors had me sign the necessary documents and pay the fees while they pulled my car around.
I looked around the car to inspect the "detail" wash that Robert had promised. Instead, I found a layer of dust covering the whole exterior of the car, water stains, and black grease marks on the interior headliner and windshield pillars. To my amazement, the front bumper and grille looked out of alignment as if it had been removed and not replaced properly. I immediately went back into the service office and asked the helpful advisor I had been dealing with to inspect the car and tell me if he thought it was acceptable. He seemed to be in shock and offered to have his manager call me the next day.
In utter disbelief and frustration, I just decided to leave and never return. I started my Durango up to find that the fuel gauge was below empty. When I dropped the car off, it still had AT LEAST a quarter tank of gas. I reviewed the invoice to find that they HAD ACTUALLY CHARGED ME FOR FUEL. Less than a half mile from the dealership, my engine stalled in the middle of the road, just feet from the nearest gas station.
Unsurprisingly, I never received a call to follow up or apologize for what had taken place. In fact, one of the issues I brought it in for to begin with hadn't been addressed at all. The very next day, I received the same error message saying that the Rear Cross-Traffic Sensors were "unavailable". A fitting term seeing as that the service advisor who supposedly addressed these issues personally was almost always unavailable when I needed to reach him.
Months after this ordeal, I have taken the time to write this comprehensive review of my experience as I feel the responsibility to warn all current or future CJDR owners to AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP AT ALL COSTS.
Rene A. Tarzana, Los Angeles, CA
They lie get you down there and can't deliver and leave you stranded with no way home. They called me non stop say they could help.
Got off work was there for 4 hours they wanted more money I did have ot and they stop working with me I was stranded with no way home they said it wasn't there problem, rude management dirty place the bathroom was grossly dirty I never used to someone who worked there they acknowledged but never cleaned it. Stay away from this place wouldn't recommend my enemy disappointed with the name that's behind it have unprofessional non congruent people working here
Got off work was there for 4 hours they wanted more money I did have ot and they stop working with me I was stranded with no way home they said it wasn't there problem, rude management dirty place the bathroom was grossly dirty I never used to someone who worked there they acknowledged but never cleaned it. Stay away from this place wouldn't recommend my enemy disappointed with the name that's behind it have unprofessional non congruent people working here
Kevin H. Los Angeles, CA
I went to this dealership twice to lease a Jeep. The first time, the salesman had little-to-no knowledge of the various types of Grand Cherokees. When he drove me to the storage lot to tour the inventory, he got lost 3 times! I eventually had to ask to be brought back to the dealership so I could promptly leave.
I went back weeks later hoping for a better result. Sadly, this was not the case. After test-driving a Grand Cherokee, I asked for a quote. The salesman left me sitting in the lobby and never returned. After 20 minutes I chased him down and told him I was going to be late for dinner. I asked that he please call or text me with the quote when it was ready. He told me they were too busy to give me a quote and that I should come back 3 days later (during his next shift).
I advise everyone to avoid this dealership. Look to Rydell, Santa Monica, or Shaver in Thousand Oaks.
I went back weeks later hoping for a better result. Sadly, this was not the case. After test-driving a Grand Cherokee, I asked for a quote. The salesman left me sitting in the lobby and never returned. After 20 minutes I chased him down and told him I was going to be late for dinner. I asked that he please call or text me with the quote when it was ready. He told me they were too busy to give me a quote and that I should come back 3 days later (during his next shift).
I advise everyone to avoid this dealership. Look to Rydell, Santa Monica, or Shaver in Thousand Oaks.
Matthew J. Agoura Hills, CA
Was very disappointed in my experience. The sales team was uniformed, unfriendly, and almost arrogant in their handling of things. I referenced numerous times a price they were advertising online only to be told that they not only couldn't match the price, but they continued to give me prices that were THOUSANDS of dollars highers.
I wish I had trusted the negative reviews, not the positive ones, and avoided this place. Don't waste your time.
I wish I had trusted the negative reviews, not the positive ones, and avoided this place. Don't waste your time.
Tony P. Sylmar, CA
STAY AWAY from this car dealership!!
Service department is a disgrace to Chrysler ownership, Horrible customer service, all employees at service department deliver ZERO customer service, very rude , non welcoming and show NO effort to welcome or help customers, such a shame since every customer is a essentially a paying customer....
I hate to say but I suggest ownership should terminate all existing Sorry example of employees and start fresh with a more willing, welcoming and motivated team that truly cares about the Chrysler brand and its PAYING customers!!!
Service department is a disgrace to Chrysler ownership, Horrible customer service, all employees at service department deliver ZERO customer service, very rude , non welcoming and show NO effort to welcome or help customers, such a shame since every customer is a essentially a paying customer....
I hate to say but I suggest ownership should terminate all existing Sorry example of employees and start fresh with a more willing, welcoming and motivated team that truly cares about the Chrysler brand and its PAYING customers!!!
Alexander M. Encino, CA
Bait and Switch . Sales rep told me over the phone, "we have good news for you. We can get a you in this Grand Cherokee High Altitude for a payment of $599 on a 3 year lease." When I went in to the dealer, they said that my payment would be $765 a month. If I wanted to finance and take advantage of the dealer discounted price, then I would have to purchase Theft Patrol for an additional $1900. Theft Patrol is mandatory if I want their best price.
Either way, I was forthright about being upside down on my current car and they used this to my disadvantage. No formal appraisal, they just pulled KBB and said $xx,xxx is what your car is worth. You are actually more upside down than what you think.
I have a 779 credit score, and have leased or owned at least two cars with Chrysler Capital over the last 4 years. The only offer was a 6 year lease for $749 per month. I liked the car and agreed to the deal. I paused and did the math again. Wait, I'll pay $75,000 for a $54,000 vehicle and would still owe roughly $18,000 if I bought out the vehicle after 6 years? No, kill the deal!
The sad part is that I went to this dealer because I had previously leased 3 years prior from the same sales person. Clearly, you don't value your customers or repeat clientele. Riyad, Sales Director and Rodrigo, "manager", I'm not sure how you both have jobs?!? You have zero business or sales skills. Sometimes you need to think outside the box in sales!
Hunter in Lancaster could teach you a thing or two about good business. You ran my credit and then tried to royally screw me. Buyer beware, this is a dealership with bad management and staff.
Side note, the sales person confirmed to me that they record the phones, and they get in trouble if they don't get you into the dealership. Bye, Russell Westbrook CJDR
Hello Vikas,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Your team didn't take the time to be thorough or actually show me a proper breakdown. You don't mention anything about trade-in not being formally appraised. Rodrigo was supposed to call me back and didn't follow up with my request. It was me who tried to look at the options and how we could make something work. After all, I called back the next day. It wasn't the other way around.
Other than the 5 year lease (not 6, oops!), there isn't anything I said that was inaccurate about my experience. Your team just seemingly throws numbers out there to see what'll stick. How about putting your clients into a vehicle that is closer to their ideal budget? This is what I mean about lack of thinking outside the box. Either way, it's great that you support your team, but remember that they are a reflection of you.
Either way, I was forthright about being upside down on my current car and they used this to my disadvantage. No formal appraisal, they just pulled KBB and said $xx,xxx is what your car is worth. You are actually more upside down than what you think.
I have a 779 credit score, and have leased or owned at least two cars with Chrysler Capital over the last 4 years. The only offer was a 6 year lease for $749 per month. I liked the car and agreed to the deal. I paused and did the math again. Wait, I'll pay $75,000 for a $54,000 vehicle and would still owe roughly $18,000 if I bought out the vehicle after 6 years? No, kill the deal!
The sad part is that I went to this dealer because I had previously leased 3 years prior from the same sales person. Clearly, you don't value your customers or repeat clientele. Riyad, Sales Director and Rodrigo, "manager", I'm not sure how you both have jobs?!? You have zero business or sales skills. Sometimes you need to think outside the box in sales!
Hunter in Lancaster could teach you a thing or two about good business. You ran my credit and then tried to royally screw me. Buyer beware, this is a dealership with bad management and staff.
Side note, the sales person confirmed to me that they record the phones, and they get in trouble if they don't get you into the dealership. Bye, Russell Westbrook CJDR
Hello Vikas,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Your team didn't take the time to be thorough or actually show me a proper breakdown. You don't mention anything about trade-in not being formally appraised. Rodrigo was supposed to call me back and didn't follow up with my request. It was me who tried to look at the options and how we could make something work. After all, I called back the next day. It wasn't the other way around.
Other than the 5 year lease (not 6, oops!), there isn't anything I said that was inaccurate about my experience. Your team just seemingly throws numbers out there to see what'll stick. How about putting your clients into a vehicle that is closer to their ideal budget? This is what I mean about lack of thinking outside the box. Either way, it's great that you support your team, but remember that they are a reflection of you.
Elaine t. New York, NY
DO NOT BUY YOUR CAR HERE! I went into the dealership and ended up purchasing but left feeling I had been totally taken advantage of. They low-balled us on the price of our trade-in and they add a theft protection service for the price of $2,000 TO EVERY CAR. They also sold took advantage of our rush with two young children to sell us a car at a very high interest rate and absolutely no discount. Also, beware of the unnecessary add-ons during the financing department. THESE people should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of families with young children, women and minorities.
Beau O. Los Angeles, CA
BAIT AND SWITCH - BUNCH OF CHEATS
I did a deal on a new lease via Russell Westbrook. A monkey could have sold me this car, because I drove specifically to RW Jeep cause they had the specific Paint/ Trim Package I wanted on a new Compass.
On my way in I called the dealership and a salesman answered. I said I have one or two lease payments left on my current lease and there is no point in me coming up there unless you can take care of these for me. If you can, Ill likely lease a compass today. The Salesman told me " no problem", and so with my two kids in tow we drove an hour and a half to the valley. At the time of the deal we talked about them taking over my current lease again, and he even took my username and password for Chrysler Capital to make sure I only had one/two lease payments due, which he agreed to pay. The deal was they would take my old lease off my hands, and in turn I would lease a new Compass. I have been through this process before with West Valley Jeep and Marina Del Rey Honda, and never received a bill afterward. NOT AT RUSSELL WESTBROOK. 2 months after I left my old lease in their hands, and drove my new compass off the lot...I received a bill from Chrysler Capital for $1000 ( $300 for the remaining one lease payment, $350 tire damage ( there was no tire damage - I feel RW possibly swapped the tires ), and a $350 'disposition fee'. I was concerned and confused and call the dealership. I never lost my temper. I left multiple LONG voicemails for the finance dept, and managers. NO ONE EVER returned my call. My husband called for me, and they promised me I would get a return call ...but it never happened. During one of my many calls, a receptionist told me once that "Joddi" said he would take care of me and I needed to come in to the dealership. I explained to her that I don't live close and have a full time job, and asked her to confirm with me...that "take care of me" means he'll pay this bill. She couldn't confirm that and so I said I wasnt going to come in. You can understand why I wouldn't want to drive an hour and a half to a dealership full of men that wont return my call to have them tell me to stick it. I went to the post office and sent them registered mail. I sent faxes and emails through the site. NO RESPONSE EVER! They never paid the lease payments they promised, they did not 'TAKE CARE OF IT' and I was charged fees I never knew could exist. DON'T DO A DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE. They are not honest. What you agree upon wont be in the paperwork...and when youre not a car salesman like I am not...you don't know what to look for and whats missing when you are signing 50 pages worth of documents. I understood everything I signed, but i didnt realize what WASNT in the paperwork. If someone had ever responded to my long voicemails...or answered my call, this could have been cleared up, clarified. $1000 in unexpected fees.....cause I did business with these folks. They have a good product, but I would 1000% say take the extra 15 minute drive to West Valley Jeep and dont get swindled and hoodwinked.
I did a deal on a new lease via Russell Westbrook. A monkey could have sold me this car, because I drove specifically to RW Jeep cause they had the specific Paint/ Trim Package I wanted on a new Compass.
On my way in I called the dealership and a salesman answered. I said I have one or two lease payments left on my current lease and there is no point in me coming up there unless you can take care of these for me. If you can, Ill likely lease a compass today. The Salesman told me " no problem", and so with my two kids in tow we drove an hour and a half to the valley. At the time of the deal we talked about them taking over my current lease again, and he even took my username and password for Chrysler Capital to make sure I only had one/two lease payments due, which he agreed to pay. The deal was they would take my old lease off my hands, and in turn I would lease a new Compass. I have been through this process before with West Valley Jeep and Marina Del Rey Honda, and never received a bill afterward. NOT AT RUSSELL WESTBROOK. 2 months after I left my old lease in their hands, and drove my new compass off the lot...I received a bill from Chrysler Capital for $1000 ( $300 for the remaining one lease payment, $350 tire damage ( there was no tire damage - I feel RW possibly swapped the tires ), and a $350 'disposition fee'. I was concerned and confused and call the dealership. I never lost my temper. I left multiple LONG voicemails for the finance dept, and managers. NO ONE EVER returned my call. My husband called for me, and they promised me I would get a return call ...but it never happened. During one of my many calls, a receptionist told me once that "Joddi" said he would take care of me and I needed to come in to the dealership. I explained to her that I don't live close and have a full time job, and asked her to confirm with me...that "take care of me" means he'll pay this bill. She couldn't confirm that and so I said I wasnt going to come in. You can understand why I wouldn't want to drive an hour and a half to a dealership full of men that wont return my call to have them tell me to stick it. I went to the post office and sent them registered mail. I sent faxes and emails through the site. NO RESPONSE EVER! They never paid the lease payments they promised, they did not 'TAKE CARE OF IT' and I was charged fees I never knew could exist. DON'T DO A DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE. They are not honest. What you agree upon wont be in the paperwork...and when youre not a car salesman like I am not...you don't know what to look for and whats missing when you are signing 50 pages worth of documents. I understood everything I signed, but i didnt realize what WASNT in the paperwork. If someone had ever responded to my long voicemails...or answered my call, this could have been cleared up, clarified. $1000 in unexpected fees.....cause I did business with these folks. They have a good product, but I would 1000% say take the extra 15 minute drive to West Valley Jeep and dont get swindled and hoodwinked.
Stacey J. Los Angeles, CA
I'm not sure Russell Westbrook is aware of the bait and switch tactics this dealership is using! The sale was smooth in terms of test driving, negotiating etc. However the finance department is a sham! I came in with my own financing and they were aware before I arrived...they insisted that I use their Jeep financing to get a $4000 rebate...ok fine...however the interest rate we negotiated was changed on the paperwork along with the bank!



Comments
Post a Comment